A Closer Look Into The Life Of Toyin Lawani, The Serial Entrepreneur
Toyin Lawani is a multimillionaire popular fashion designer/stylist in Nigeria who runs “Tiannah’s Place Empire” as the creative director and CEO.
Toyin Lawani is from a very rich and pretigious family in Ekiti state.
Her late mum, who was into textile business, ran a beauty home until her death in the USA. Her father was the famous Olanrewaju Lawani, a politician who worked with General Gowon.
Her paternal grandfather was a Commisioner of Police, while her maternal grandmother is still the Reagent of Ikole Ekiti in Ekiti state.
Her mother groomed her in every sphere of the beauty business but her dad wanted her to be a lawyer.
Toyin has a Bachelor’s degree in English language from the University of Lagos.
Toyin Lawani began her career at a very early age in her life. As an undergraduate at 16, she already owned a boutique and a mini supermarket. She started by giving fashion advice and styling her friends for events. She has since then developed her own styling outfit and grown become one of the most sought after stylists in the Nigerian Fashion Industry. As a stylist, she has worked with almost all the top celebrities in Nigeria and other foreign superstars like Keri Hilson, Natalie Nunn, Ciara and many more.
Toyin Lawani is not called a serial entrepreneur for nothing as she has a lot of businesses in her empire which she calls Tiannah’s Place Empire.
- Music Video Director – Toyin Lawani has two music videos under her belt. She shot two music videos for the baby daddy of her son- Trigga Kess.
- Skin Care Specialist- Toyin Lawani’s Instagram account is littered with skin care products and her own patented cream.
- Salon Owner – Toyin Lawani runs a saloon amongst so many other things.
- Proprietor of a nail, fashion, modelling, and make up school – At Tiannah’s Place Empire, Toyin Lawani has a school for beauty and modelling.
- Owner of a food venture- Amala Dot Com – Toyin Lawani is in the food business as well.
- Owner of a Photo Studio – She owns a photo studio where you can come and take pictures and learn about photography.
- Author and Reality TV star – Toyin Lawani, a mother of two is about to release her book and she also has a her reality show titled ‘Tiannah’s Empire’ which is currently airing on TV.
- She coordinated the Mademoseeile Agliaia Fashion show in 2012, Showcased even while she was four months pregnant at the 2013 Africa Fashion Week London, Showcased the Iro and Buba Evolution at the 2015 Africa Fashion Week Nigeria and also showcased her kiddies line (Elegante Kids) at the same event.
- In 2016, Toyin Lawani made headline all over the world as the first Nigerian Designer to organize a celebrity and kids runway show simultaneously.
- She was also a guest judge on The first Nigeria’s Next Top Designer show which was held in Lagos and was one of the three main judges on the season II of the same show.
- Her work ethic got her a leading role as the only stylist for the Love Like A Movie show in 2016, an event which was headlined by Ciara. Toyin Lawani had the task to create outfits within 5 hours to style the songstress and her dancers for the street dance off in Lagos and she delivered.
- Her designs and styling skills have graced editorials for major Nigerian magazines, the likes of Complete Fashion and more. Toyin Lawani is also the creative director of Exquisite Magazine.
- She is the first to create the Denim Agbada designs and also infused the designs in different ways. Some of her other notable collections includes The Transformer Collection, Dream Collection, Asiko Collection, Face Collection, Ready to wear Collection and more.
Awards And Endorsements
City People Entertainment Special Recognition Award
Stylist of the year at ELOY awards 2015
Toyin Lawani dated Nigerian artist, Lord Trigg for about three years and their relationship produced a cute baby boy named Lord Maine. It is still not clear if they are still together. She also has a daughter from a previous relationship.
Toyin Lawani was alleged to have dated the Lagos State Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure, Segun Oniru but the relationship was short lived.
It was also alleged that Toyin has a low key relationship with Taiwo Afolabi who is the Sifax Group boss and father to singer L.A.X.