Kechi Okwuchi is the Nigerian lady was one of the two survivors in Nigeria’s Sosoliso plane crash in 2005 that claimed 107 lives including 60 Loyola Jesuit College students.
Stargist.com presents you 10 facts about the Inspiring young lady.
1. Kechi Okwuchi was born on the 29th of October 1989.
2. She hails from Orlu in Imo state.
3. She attended Loyola Jesuit College, a boarding high school in Abuja, Nigeria and later graduated with a First Class degree from University of Thomas Houston, Texas on May 16th, 2015.
4. The plane crash survivor who graduated with a first class was inducted into 6 academic honor societies due her extra-ordinary brilliance, after been adjudged the most outstanding student for her major in Economics.
5. She is currently undergoing her MBA in Economics in the same University of Thomas.
6. Kechi suffered from third-degree burns over 65 percent of her body from the plane crash and reportedly said she has had more than 100 surgeries, including skin grafts in United States as a result of the severe burns she had all over her body.
7. Kechi who was an only child for 11 years said her life changing experience was the birth of her little sister in 2000.
8. She was out of school for 5 years after the plane crash.
9. The phenomenal lady was also a speaker at TEDxEuston in December 2015.
10. Kechi’s voice recently captured the world. In her audition for America’s Got Talent, she sang Ed-Sheeran’s Thinking Out Loud, with a beautiful voice that brought some members of the audience to tears and left the judges stunned.